7/31/12

CREATIVE SUGAR today with Jez



I started my weekly blog series CREATIVE SUGAR  to promote positivity and provide a platform for everyone to share their unique stories, knowledge and experiences, showcasing the beauty, connection, and inspiration that exists in our every day. Every Tuesday I'll feature someone new from around the world.

.......................................

This week on CREATIVE SUGAR, I'm delighted to share inspiration from Jez (Lancashire, England ).



What’s the greatest advice you’ve been given?

My mother taught me to keep faith in myself and the future.  She quoted what she said was a saying by Coué - 'Every day, in every way, I get better and better'.  It related to health, but I've applied it across the board

....................... 

What’s some not-so-great advice you’ve been given?

Don't marry him

.......................

Story: 

Just over 40 years ago I asked a 16 year-old girl I worked with why she never smiled.  She opened her mouth and showed me her teeth, which were all brown and rotten.  She was so ashamed of them that she couldn't smile.  I suggested to her that she should visit the Dental Hospital for help, which she did for a very long term of treatment.   

About 20 years later I was being wheeled into theatre in hospital for the removal of lumps in my breast.  The theatre nurse recognised me and remembered my name.  She gave me the loveliest smile I've ever seen and told me that I had changed her life with my advice.  

Why is it inspiring to me?  Because it made me feel that I had changed at least one person's life in the course of my own.

(all images courtesy of Jez)

.......................................

**Find more Creative Sugar inspiration here...because everyone needs a little extra sweetness in life.** 

.......................................


if you are interested in submitting your inspiration for CREATIVE SUGAR, find guidelines and details here

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful story and a good advise from the mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jez! She is an amazing woman and I'm sure the reach of her inspiration is far greater than she even realizes (I know she definitely inspires me)!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...