8/2/13

Always With You- A NEW Mixed Media Painting

ALWAYS WITH YOU. Original (SOLD).
Prints available in my etsy shop.

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

...................

This was one of those paintings that took layers and layers before I could uncover the characters.

The thing was, I had been trying to create something specific. And that never works.

Since I have been writing my novel lately, I decided I would like to paint some new Snooters.





So this girl started with a long, see-through nose before I realized I'd really been trying to reveal two characters.

Once I let go of the idea that I needed to paint a Snooter, everything fell into place.





ALWAYS WITH YOU. Original (SOLD).
Prints available in my etsy shop.

I realized this piece was really about comfort and protection. And from there this painting got its story...

Protecting, calming, warning and comforting...from the monsters and dark nights, you can know I am ALWAYS WITH YOU. A light in the storm.

................

ps. All of my online classes are now available as self-paced courses with access to the classroom for a year. Payment plans are always welcome.







1 comment:

  1. This piece gives me a sense of reassurance, and your story is perfect. Love the pink and magenta background. Nice work Juliette. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...