5/21/13

Peaceful Existence- a New Bunny Painting

PEACEFUL EXISTENCE. Original (SOLD)
Prints available in my etsy shop.

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful." - Mae West

........................

Sometimes I get out of my creative flow and start thinking too much. 

I decide I'd like a painting to be a certain thing. And that's when it never works out.

For this piece, I had just returned from my roadtrip to California (photos coming soon), and one of the things I adore about spring in Wisconsin is watching the baby bunnies in our backyard.

So my initial intention with this painting was to paint a rabbit. That thought came from a place of joy. I wasn't pushing it. I was inspired.




But then I got it in my head (the thinking side not the inspired, creative side) that I "should" paint a new Snooter. 

I'd been writing about the process behind finishing my novel (which is where the Snooters came from) and thought I need a new Snooter to add to my story. 

So I placed the bunnies eyes higher up on its head and tried to make my character a Snooter.

Of course that pushing my creativity into a box did not work. It wasn't very much fun. 

And I soon realized I missed my little cute bunny.






And the dream catchers and rainbows I've been painting.

Now this bunny is incredibly self-assured, looking you straight in the eyes and knowing just what it's about.

I added mod podge to the bunny to bring out the color of the tissue paper too and fell in love with the easy-breaziness of the painting.

It all happened when I decided not to push anymore and instead, let go.





PEACEFUL EXISTENCE. Original (SOLD)
Prints available in my etsy shop.

Wanting to run away and hide behind a costume of layers and unknowns, this bunny returns to her true form and saves the world.

Wishing for a PEACEFUL EXISTENCE.

xoxo,



................



ps. New laptop & iphone skins and cases (like this bunny and new owls) in my society 6 shop.


.......................

pps. I'm sending out my newsletter soon-ish with lots of new artwork and a new desktop background for you. 

8 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the snooter. Love it. Can't tell you how much I love it.
    Cute bunnies are cute. There is a whole lot of cute out there on the internet. Not very many snooters at all. I love this painting. *smiling* Norma, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so sweet to hear, norma. thank you. i'm keeping the snooters at the back of my mind as i paint, so one of these times i know the timing will be right and i'll paint many more :)

      Delete
  2. He is a cute little fellow maybe the next one can be a snooter
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i can't wait to see what the next snooter looks like :)

      Delete
  3. The snooter was really ugly, I have to say, but the bunny, so cute and pretty and calm and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sharing the process, I am amazed by your bravery to paint over and change a painting, I struggle with that. Love the bunny and the snooter and will now always be able to see both when I look at this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooove your art and feel so connected to what you are saying. I'm always following the canvas and cannot paint a self imposed subject, or at least it does never come out the way I want it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...