6/22/12

Rainbow Through the Clouds - a NEW Painting!

RAINBOW THROUGH THE CLOUDS. 11 x 14 inches. Canvas Panel.
Original Available here ($145). Prints available in my etsy shop.
this new painting is all about staying true to yourself and pushing through to what you know will be greatness. because this piece didn't start out as a girl...


she started out as this flyer. 

i left it like this for weeks, knowing that if i don't finish a piece with my original momentum, it completely changes direction. yet with this flyer, i'd thought it might just be almost done.

yet i knew if i called it done, added a coat of wax and left it, i'd be selling myself short. and i'm so happy i kept on with this painting...


i didn't completely cover up the flyer...i wanted to use what i had to propel me and the new image forward.


as i kept going, i just tried to clear out all of the clutter and allow this new girl to come into her own character.





and when i stepped back to look at her, i was so happy i didn't paint over everything. she just looked like a rainbow and that symbol over her shoulder reminds me of the sky on a rainy day, just as the clouds break, the blue shines and a rainbow appears. 

but this piece felt like more like rainbow could be an action. and so her story goes...that while sometimes it may look like rain, the sun is always shining. All you really need to do is RAINBOW THROUGH THE CLOUDS.

i hope you enjoy a lovely weekend!

............................

ps. i'll be sending out my monthly newsletter soon-ish with lots of fun news and extra sweets! sign up to get it in your inbox right here!



5 comments:

  1. your artwork is sooooo amazing!!!! i just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She reminds me of an American Indian. Oh that's just me! :) She is gorgeous.x
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous...as always. Great piece and great story! Thank you for sharing her

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love her nose. I wish I could be so brave! I'm looking for the rainbow every day - there's always enough of it shining through to give hope and happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...