4/25/12

from the how to paint an owl gallery...

my in-progress background

creating backgrounds is one of my favorite things to do. it's definitely the phase of my painting process where i just play and get everything out. it's also a time when i experiment with new colors, textures and layers to see just what i like...then i can repeat the discoveries i most love later on in the painting, once my character is in place.

i'm always so inspired by all of the backgrounds created in my HOW TO PAINT AN OWL e-course too! i love it that students use techniques and color combinations i've never even thought about before. we're in the middle of the latest session of HTPAO and here are a few backgrounds from our gallery...

by caitlin mrsan

by caitlin mrsan


by carola bartz


by carola bartz


by dottie palamara


by dottie palamara


by kim smith


by susie lafond


by susie lafond



by kyrrha sevco

by kyrrha sevco


i especially love all of the little details added that make each piece so unique! 

thank you to everyone in all of my classes for sharing your paintings and inspirations! i feel so incredibly lucky to be able to share my art and process with you too!

.............

ps. if you feel like painting a few backgrounds of your own...i'll be painting more with everyone in the upcoming session of HOW TO PAINT A GIRL beginning May 25! there will be another session of HOW TO PAINT AN OWL this summer. sign up for my newsletter for details.

4 comments:

  1. Very inspiring! I appreciate this post so much. They're just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all this color. It makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one so unique and all of them lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliette, you speak my own language and I can only bow gracefully and invite you to a cup of tea, when available :).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...