10/17/11

on meeting oprah and eckhart tolle!



i have to say, getting the chance to meet oprah and eckhart tolle brought everything up to another, whole-ly phenomenal level! even the reason i was asked to join the audience for the premiere of oprah's new show, Life Class, is completely incredible and perfect.  


i'd been feeling like i'd lost my grounding. and whenever i start feeling off balance or whenever i'm knee-deep in it, i know it's time to stop and find some stillness. 

i realized i was completely bypassing my creative time and saying yes to everything else. so, i scheduled two days a week just for painting (they feel like vacation days, which i love!)! i would think i should have already been doing that, right? but everything else with business and life, always seemed more important. 


in the past when i've felt off balance, i've also watched oprah's webclass with author eckhart tolle or listened to podcasts of her soul series. this time, i ended up watching a wonderful interview between oprah and facebook coo, sheryl sandberg. and when it was finished, i wanted more oprah. 

i went to oprah's website and happened to answer this question that related to the first episode of her life class on ego. i had no idea i'd be getting a call from harpo studios a few weeks later, asking me a bit more about my answer and inviting me to a live webcast following her show!


i was so, so excited! i've always wanted to meet oprah, always dreamed of being on her show and having a little heart to heart chat. and so i had to email and ask, "will oprah be there?" and yes! not only was oprah there, but she was joined by ekhart tolle! and seeing the two of them speak and answer questions about life and living was life changing! 


it's sort of surreal when you see two people in person that you've only seen on tv. and then when you shake their hands and they smile and look into your eyes...hello, goose bumps all over!


you can watch the webcast i was part of right here along with a few others from last week. 


it's all inspired me to not only paint more, but to relax more, to appreciate more, to forgive more, to enjoy more, and most of all, to completely let go of fear. i'd been so afraid of the future, trying so hard to control it, that i'd forgotten the big picture. i'd zapped out all surprises of abundance. and by keeping myself busy, i'd closed doors that could lead to new, unexpected opportunities...like meeting oprah! 


now i'm remembering to put the happiness of my heart first, to take a bit of time for stillness each morning, and to take care of myself so that i can share what i have to offer with the rest of the world.  

.............................

* thank you to everyone who made it out for my art opening at bloom bake shop last friday night! i can't wait to share the photos with you later this week!

** thank you to crescendoh for featuring my story on sharing art and your passion all this week!

..............................


registration is open for my How To Paint An Owl: e-course Autumn 2011 i can't wait to see the gorgeous owls you create! click here for details and to register now!

17 comments:

  1. Wow. Echart Tolle. Reading his books has changed my life ten fold. What an honor to have met them both. You deserve it! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way when I saw my life long idle, Cher! In the city I was born in, and so close our eyes met and we smiled...Surreal forsure. They are only just people after all.
    love & light Debix

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! it was such an honor!

    how incredible to meet cher!

    xoxo, juliette

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! I'm happy for you. :)

    And YES to stillness, we so often forget.

    Warm wishes to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. inspiring post, lovely photos...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you! I have been watching the life class webcasts and am basking in the inspirational overload! I can't even begin to imagine experiencing that LIVE and then meeting them IN PERSON! I am so glad you were able to enjoy this awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Can't wait to hear more about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an amazing experience for you Juliette! One that I am sure you will hold close to your heart for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! what an amazing experience that must have been. amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! Juliette...this just gave me goosebumps all over! I am soooo happy for you and would love to talk to you sometime about our arty adventures and unfolding journeys. I've got a feeling we may meet up next year, in real life!! Do you Skype? xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is amazing. You must have built up some good karma along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow ~ that is so amazing!! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! What an amazing experience!! I love how it all unfolded!! wow! Meeting those two...sheesh! Incredible. I need to watch the webcast. Thank you for sharing your story and for the reminder to find some stillness and nourish myself. I really needed this reminder. THANK YOU!!!

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!!! TOTALLY AMAZING!!! Way to go girl! I cannot even imagine how surreal that must of been. SOAK it up!

    I totally understand what you mean about losing your footing and steering away from the creative time while trying to achieve your dreams. It's so important to take a step back and evaluate your journey even when opportunities come flooding in.

    I am SO thrilled for you that you had this monumental experience! Keep listening to your heart and finding that stillness and you will always be true to you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you for all of the little reminders and so much kindness!

    xoxo, juliette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post Juliette...and what a story!

    So important to make room for our quiet times.

    lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...