12/22/10

my first owl painting workshop + somerset studio!

somerset studio magazine, jan/feb 2011 issue

oh my gosh! can you feel my excitement!

i've been waiting for this issue of somerset studio to come out since last august when i first submitted by art and then in september when i first heard my article would be published! and to see my owls in print in this most beautiful publication is absolutely AMAZING!


on the letters to the editor page, there's even a photo of the GIGANTIC box i painted with my signature techniques and submitted with all of my originals! a bit of HOPE goes a long, long way!

 
thank you to the lovely editor-in-chief of stampington & company, christen oliviarez, and to all of the fabulous people over at somerset studio magazine!


and i'm so excited that i got to share my publication in somerset with my very first HOW TO PAINT AN OWL workshop!!!
i decided to teach my painting workshops after writing that article for somerset! and i cannot even say how much fun i had in class last weekend!

my owl and brian's owl

since it was my first class, i thought i'd better get in some practice and see if my techniques made sense to someone else. so, i taught Brian! 

and just look at the awesome owl he painted (right). 


because my in-person class last weekend was only four hours, i decided to give everyone a start with a spray painted background (on a block of poplar wood with a sawtooth hanger on the back for easy hanging).


then i packed up my vintage wallpaper books and all of my acrylics, glitter, pastels, ink, brushes, origami paper, sheet music and any other art supplies i had around in my studio!


and i was so amazed to see everyone's owl evolve into their very own! from this initial step...

 TITLE: Today At the Park. Prints available in my etsy shop.

into little characters with their own personalities!


and by the end of class, everyone had their own! each with their own unique backgrounds and colors! just look at them all together!


it was such an awesome experience and so fabulous to see everyone smiling with their owls!

THANK YOU everyone for all of your encouragement and support!

************************************
**********************

ps. this first owl painting workshop was such a huge success, i've decided to sign on and teach another on FEBRUARY 5, 2011! if you're interested in attending, or finding out more about my upcoming online painting workshop, you'll find all of the details right here!

and if you have any questions, feel free to email me!

42 comments:

  1. i am so excited for you!
    congratulations!
    hooooo! hoooooooo!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest sweet juliette,

    I am sooo soo happy for you!! Congratz on both the wonderful events! Your class looks soo fun!
    Would be nice if i could participate in it too! :) Wishing you JOY and LOVE for a wonderful Christmas my sweet friend..thank you for all the blessings you have given me this year. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can you feel your excitement! :) Congrats on your publication and your first workshop. The owls are amazing! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting and wonderful. Congrats on the workshop and publication. Happy Holidays.

    Seanora

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made everyone excited here!! This is so wonderful--both the magazine and the workshop--much much congratulations to you--what a great way to bring in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your article! Look forward to getting my magazine in the mail! Your workshop looks like lots of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Juliette! SO exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on this publication and exposure for your wonderful work. Your workshops look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you! it's all been so fun + so AMAZING to be able to share!

    happy holidays!
    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Juliette~as your flying friends would say..."you're soaring"!!!! WOW! It must feel like you've caught a breeze and are taking it all the way to the stars! congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you Juliette, this is awesome! And that class looks like so much fun!
    BethXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you! and now i can completely see how easily my in-person class will transfer to an online course! i cannot wait!

    xo, juliette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Juliette you are such an inspiration! I bet your class had so much fun and LOVED what they made! You make me want to take that leap, but I'm a little bit scared...thanks so much for inspiring me!
    I know all those classmates will smile everytime they look at their darling owls-thats so awesome!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how they all turned out so different and adorable! Congratulations on the article!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats so awesome Juliette ! It was a successful class I see , cuz all the ladies owls turned out so cute ! : P

    Congrats on the layout in somerset studios mag which one is that , I will have to go get it,fellow flier : P

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's the jan/feb issue of somerset...the next one that comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Somerset Studio is a lovely publication that unfortunately is very difficult to get hold off on this side of the pond. Your work looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. sweet sweet love!

    i love EVERY. SINGLE. LITTE. BIT. OF THIS GOODNESS !!!!!

    i cannot wait to get my copy of Somerset and oooh and aaaah over
    your fabulous owls!!!!!

    you inspire beauty!!

    ooooxxx
    k

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats Juliette!! How exciting for you! You are such an inspiration! I will definitely pick up that issue when it comes out! And looks like your first class was quite a success! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. YIPPY! i wanted so badly to be able to come paint owls with you. i can.t wait for your online class. can.t wait for my copy either. happy seasons to you dear girl.
    xo
    c

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Juliette on your wonderful published article. A very Happy and Exciting New Year to you my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  22. How exciting! Your work looks fantastic in that article! Also, it looks like your class was a hit. Congratulations on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How exciting to be published in Somerset Studio! Congratulations! I will definitely have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. congratulations on being featured in Somerset Studio, I just love that magazine and I look forward to seeing your work on there real soon.

    xxMiriam

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats to you on your publication & successful workshop, I can hear your excitement!

    Will you be having an online course? Or a DVD tutorial perhaps? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so happy for you!Congrats!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. YAY!! The article looks great. Can't wait to get a copy. The workshop looks like lots of fun!
    So happy for you!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am definitely planning an online owl painting course for March/April 2011. In case you’re not signed up for my monthly newsletter, I will definitely be sending out the details in that! Sign up is in the right sidebar at the top of my blog :)

    Happy Holidays!
    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Juliette, thanks so much for visiting my blog...I can only take credit for the poetry, though, not the photos. Your paintings and blog are so beautiful! I look forward to taking Misty's class with you in January...and congrats on your article publication and workshops!

    Have a wonderful holiday~~ Sherri :~)

    ReplyDelete
  30. congrats!! that is very exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. when i read your article in this issue, i knew i had to come and visit. the article reminded me of something i read many months ago. it said how we had to remember how we spent our time as children or what we enjoyed doing the most as children. there is where lies our source of creativity. i believe in that . best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So awesome for you Juliette. The article looks fantastic, and I absolutely love the box that you sent your work in.

    Your work is so lovely and I'll be pretty excited to take your online class next year.

    Have a lovely festive season. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Merry Christmas!!!! I can't wait to pick up my Somerset magazine. I am glad your class went well and I am sure you will host many more workshops.I pray your New Year will be filled with blessings and creativity. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful wonderful wonderful. So excited for you sweetie. Cant wait to grab myself a copy and sign up for your online workshop too! yay! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. super Cool!! Yea Wisconsin ... not the team I mean you!! We are all so proud of you!! looks like its all coming together!!
    I brought you up in a conversation with Suzi Blu the other day, and I was saying how I love how you do your faces!! kind of a mix between Teesha moore and suzi ... But super cuter from Jullette!! Do you know who I am talking about? :)

    Blessings!

    ~Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Of course I know who you are talking about, Vanessa! And I am gushing over here, thinking you’d actually bring up my name and mention my art in conversation. Let alone in comparison to suzi and teesha moore! Wow! I am majorly honored!

    Especially with all of the teaching opportunities I’m about to embark on, I am in total awe of those two!

    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  37. Juliette, you're so tall! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...