5/5/10

Abalone Shell Art Jewelry

I am super excited to share with you these abalone shell creations. When I found the original bracelet in my mom's jewelry box, I had no idea what I would turn it into, but I loved the way the shells sparkled with rainbows in the light. And so, these pendents were born!

Each pendant features a high quality print of one of my original mixed media paintings that I've circled with black charcoal for a beautiful mixed media effect and then covered with a water-based sealant to protect the print from the elements. I attached loops to where the elastic used to go through and hung each pendent from a 24 inch small ball chain for an element of urban elegance that looks fabulous with a simple white t-shirt or tank.

Courage (SOLD!), Moon Belly & Earth Mother pendents, now available in my Art Shop!


(SOLD!) Vintage Abalone Shell Circle Cameo Necklace - COURAGE

Vintage Abalone Shell Circle Cameo Necklace - MOON BELLY

Vintage Abalone Shell Circle Cameo Necklace - EARTH MOTHER

8 comments:

  1. these are so very pretty.
    love the heart in the middle &
    fished out of your abalone shiny sea.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and inspired, Juliette! I love how the shells frame the art so dramatically without overpowering it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Juliette. You do such good work and I'm always happy to see it. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so gorgeous!!! I think my favourite is the last one as the green in the print really compliments the green in the shell, gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...