3/2/10

MOON BELLY

I just love the name of this new painting, MOON BELLY. Sometimes I just feel like the weight of the moon is pulling at my belly and I'm hoping this wise owl will inspire all of us to uncover the moon inside and let it shine!

The original mixed media painting MOONBELLY has sold. Thank you for your continued support! Archival prints available in my ART SHOP!

MOON BELLY- Original Mixed Media Painting on Canvas by Juliette Crane (10X10 inches)
MOON BELLY is created from acrylics, colored pencils, pastels, modern and vintage origami papers, and artist pens. The owl's face is drawn and then painted using lots of materials for a beautiful mixed media effect. It's wings and body are carefully cut from origami paper and then colored yellow to match the moon. On top, I applied a decoupage finish to give the piece a wonderful depth.

9 comments:

  1. oh Juliette, I adore this as la bella luna in italian is so treasured and the other night Owl sat in the tree by my window calling me! lovely! I will be adding your blog link to my next post! ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this owl and its moon belly! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll put you on my list if you don't mind. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, thanks for visiting me , I'm so glad you did, Love the art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors in this!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    http://www.capricornsoapco.blogspot.com

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell in love with her and just bought her on Etsy. She reminds me of fertility, creation, birth. Thank you for making this beautiful piece. All of work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff! I especially like the image used for your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaw, so sweet! colors are beautiful together! :) can't wait to see what you do next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this print! I just wanted to tell you that! All of your art if just lovely! Moonbelly was listed as one of my Etsy favs, but somebody must have loved him as much as I did because he is gone now!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
    xoxo~Meg

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...