5/23/12

NEW Mixed Media Owl Paintings

5x5 inches on Wood. Originals (SOLD). Prints available in my etsy shop.

i've been painting so many new characters lately, that i really longed to get back to some of my owls. so i created these new little paintings. each one has its own story with lots of heart.

KINDNESS. Original (SOLD). Prints available in my etsy shop.

this owl has traveled long and far just to remind you to live from your heart and to always appreciate every bit of KINDNESS and to pass it on and on, especially in the every day.

i created this owl because lately i've been so reminded and inspired by all of the kindness in my every day. whether its an email from a student or admirer of my work, someone holding the door, or a sweet compliment from the barista at the coffeeshop...every bit of kindness means the world to me. and i am being very conscious to live in gratitude and pay it forward, each and every day.

after i'd found this owl's title, i realized the paper at its center came from a gift bag the lovely ann-margaret sent me with a little owl bird house inside. then i knew this owl had the right name.

 FORGIVENESS. Original (SOLD). Prints available in my etsy shop.
  
this owl lives with an open heart, knowing that wisdom comes in not only the FORGIVENESS of others, but in having great softness for yourself too.

for this owl, i had fun layering on the background. at first he was in the woods, and then these leafy flowers popped up and surround him. i realized they were kind of like hearts, and since my favorite color combination is red, white and blue, i thought what better to add than a bit of pyrrole red! 

it's name comes from the bit of vellum i added on its chest...it came from a inspirational note slipped in a card i received at artfest..."one always begins to forgive a place as soon as it's left behind." -Charles Dickens.

LET YOUR SPARKLE SHINE. 
Original (SOLD). Prints available in my etsy shop.

this owl is about to embark on a great adventure of following its heart, knowing that the most important thing to remember is to LET YOUR SPARKLE SHINE. 


for all of these owl paintings i used lots of art supplies from my studio...acrylic paints, india ink, oil pastels, chalk pastels, vintage papers...and lots of fabulous white glitter with so much sparkle!

some of the glitter spilled on the patio after i'd cleaned up for the night, so the next morning, just as the sun was coming up, it sparkled and so made me smile! 

i wondered just how i might cover everything with a little glitter! have a lovely day!


5 comments:

  1. These look lovely! And I love the little glitter surprise story at the end too<3

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll glitter my desk at work, that would make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my owl paintings that I did in your class. They are like little friends all over the place and to get a new one I just have to paint one. These are lovely and I really enjoyed all of your story with them.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...