10/19/11

owls everywhere!

TITLE: Only Good Lies Before You. Original + Prints available in my etsy shop.

i've been trying to paint outside in the backyard as much as possible, even though it's getting a bit colder here in Wisconsin. i just finished this new little owl...called ONLY GOOD LIES BEFORE YOU. it's definitely an inspiration for me to stay positive and keep in mind the big picture.

to create this piece, i used all sorts of supplies from my studio- acrylic paints, india ink, pastel, pencil and origami paper. i just love the way the india ink works for outlines and detailing on things like the birch trees. i've even been using it with a thin brush for my character's eyes. the ink has a much less controlled feel, which i love.

TITLE: Only Good Lies Before You. Original + Prints available in my etsy shop.

Sitting in stillness, this little white owl sees the world from a new point of view, knowing that in listening to your heart, ONLY GOOD LIES BEFORE YOU.

Only Good Lies Before You. 5x5 inches on wood. More details here.

by Janna Werner

i'm so excited for my upcoming HOW TO PAINT AN OWL e-course! i've been busy getting everything ready and so inspired by all of the GORGEOUS artwork from my last class! 

by Britta Glass
by Wendy Ramos
by Janice Darby
by Kate Daniel
by christy nimeh

by eileen nishi
by Julie Nutting
by krysty smythe
by jill locke
by Guadalupe Brizuela Cabal
by Stephanie Gagos

it's always amazing to see what everyone creates! and I love how each owl turns out to be uniquely them! i should really start recording where everyone is from too...it's so phenomenal to have these owls living all around the world!


and to top it all off, how sweet is this owl birthday cake that eileen nishi made for a very happy 6 year-old niece!

amazing what sharing creativity, art and passion can do! happy creating!

................................


next How To Paint An Owl: e-course starts October 24! click here for details and to register now! 

see you in class!

.................................


my story on HOLDING NOTHING BACK is featured all this week on crescendoh! and each day, on their homepage, i spotlight some of my favorite blogs. here's a little sneak peek just for you... some blogs you just might love!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! They all are breathtaking! Beautiful work done by all. Thank you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So flattered that you not only shared my painting, but my Cake! So much owl-y goodness to start my day . . . Thanks Juliette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Juliette! I needed the encouragement today. I'm having somewhat of an identity crisis when it comes to my art right now!

    That cake is TOO cute. And I love how you can see YOU in the owls done by your students but you can also see a lot of them too! They're definitely infusing their personalities into what you've taught them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, inspirational and so, so pretty! I just love how your gorgeous feathered ripples are reaching out so far in the pond of Life!!!

    I'm wishing you continued success and happiness :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one too! I might have to get a print later (after my current journey is over) to go with my Grace print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore all of them -so cute! Julia, do you mind sharing who your printer is? I live in Wisconsin, too and have been looking for a printer. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you!

    michelle, i work with my local printer here in madison...alphagraphics. i love them and would completely recommend them! they've been wonderful in meeting face to face and working with me on everything from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you Juliette- I realize I called you julia in the last post... whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for linking to my blog Juliette! I'm so glad you like it. I love your creativity and that you inspire others to paint (and make cakes!!!!). Sania x

    ReplyDelete
  10. completely delightful! you must be so proud of all the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou so much Juliette! It's so nice to be in a list of such lovlies! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...