10/15/12

NEW Whimsical Owl Painting & Taking Chances

WITH GRATITUDE, HOPE GROWS.
Original Painting (SOLD)
Prints available in my etsy shop

whenever i paint, i like to be brave and take chances. and i know that's exactly what i'm doing when i choose to use bleeding art tissue paper on my first layer. 

i love working with bleeding art tissue and i know better than to use it on the top part of my painting, where i know i will add my character's face. yet sometimes, once i brush on my vintage top coat, the bleeding art tissue paper blends in really unexpected, undelightful ways...like spreading onto my owls' face and undefiniing it's body.




the good thing is, i'm always prepared for beautiful mistakes. even when they don't seem so beautiful at first. 

once my top coat dried, and i noticed the colors from my bleeding art tissue had spread a bit too much onto my character, i added a few layers of white to redefine my owl. this took a lot of patience and i added the white very slowly to be sure i didn't overwork my piece and further ruin it.

but little by little, a new owl came into view. the wing puffed up a bit more and she got those lovely dots above her eyes and around her head. and now i couldn't imagine this fancy white owl any other way. 



WITH GRATITUDE, HOPE GROWS.
Original Painting (SOLD)
Prints available in my etsy shop
this little white owl is all about having the faith to take chances, to honor your truest desires, and to give thanks both for yourself and all experiences, knowing that WITH GRATITUDE, HOPE GROWS.

......................

ps. HOW TO PAINT A GIRL & HOW TO PAINT AN OWL are now available on-demand as self-study courses! Access the classroom until August 2013...so you can paint when you want, any time, right from home!


pps. sending out my newsletter soon-ish, if you'd like it in your inbox, sign up here.



5 comments:

  1. Wow,Awesome creativity dear!!I think you are very good and graceful on your job.I'm feeling proud to call you genius.I want to ask you some information about body art painting.Please help me about this.
    Thank's!
    Body Paint

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a cute owl!!! i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very brave and oh, so gorgeous. Inspired*

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...