8/28/12

CREATIVE SUGAR with Diana Gonzalez


I started my weekly blog series CREATIVE SUGAR  to promote positivity and provide a platform for everyone to share their unique stories, knowledge and experiences, showcasing the beauty, connection, and inspiration that exists in our every day.


This week on CREATIVE SUGAR, I'm delighted to share inspiration from Diana Gonzalez of Arte Y Poemas (Brooklyn, NY).


What’s the greatest advice you’ve been given?

The best advice I ever got was from my abuela (grandmother). She taught me what it meant to love. She told me that love is not a feeling, but an action. Because of love, we improve ourselves, we do things for our beloveds. 

It is this advice, that I carry into my life as a mother. Because I love my daughters, I choose to follow my dreams, so that they can see how far a woman can go, when she just makes up her mind.


What’s some not-so-great advice you’ve been given?

The worst advice I got was when my mother told me that what other people think is important. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what other people think or say about you. 

What matters are my actions. 

The most delusional madmen are some of the most amazing artists and writers.




What’s your Biggest Dream?

My biggest dream is to travel the world teaching people around the world my form of creativity, and to be a painter. I'd love to travel and see the world. That's been my dream since I was a little girl. When I was a little girl I wanted to travel the world and be a painter.


What’s your Favorite Memory?

This is going to sound totally corny, but my favorite memory is when I met my husband. Marriage is not always perfect, as no one is perfect; but I love that we meet in the places that matter, and that he is the most creative person I know, hands down. 

My husband and I have been together for 13 years now, and every year gets better and better.Before I met him, I didn't really have much confidence in myself as an artist, but he was the one who convinced me that I AM an artist, as I convinced HIM that he IS a writer. 

He's my soulmate, I guess.

(all images courtesy of Diana Gonzalez)


..........................

ps. so excited for my newest online course to begin! THANK YOU to everyone who has registered... we have such a fabulous group already, and i cannot wait to paint together! 

class starts september 15 and everyone has access to the classroom until august 2013...plenty of time to paint! if you've been looking for a bit of inspiration and mixed media whimsy...find more details and register here.


8 comments:

  1. A lovely inspiring interview thankyou. :) The part that struck me the most was when she said "so that they can see how far a woman can go, when she just makes up her mind." ♥
    Jess x x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥ i love that statement so much too.

      best wishes!
      -juliette

      Delete
  2. Such a tender interview. I love that her favorite memory was meeting her husband.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed that interview. I love that it showed the depth inside the artist, and her influences and those she hopes to influence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed learning a little more about one of my favorite artists!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring me! And thanks for the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this interview so much, and it highlights the desire so many of us have as mothers for their daughters to achieve their full potential, and this desire was so beautifully expressed here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much insight on your interview!! It was fun getting to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...