6/4/12

on trusting the process & a NEW painting!

WITH FAITH, MARCH AHEAD. Original (SOLD)
Prints available in my etsy shop.

the other weekend i was lucky enough to have a painting day with my mother-in-law. she'd never painted before-ever! so it was seriously wonderful to see her let go and paint. and when she tried to paint a flower and ended up with something she didn't like, i told her...you can always paint over it. within seconds that flower was gone, and i was so excited to see a new colorful creation emerge!

it really inspired all of the layers and story in this new painting too...


when i wasn't feeling this boat and flower anymore, i knew i had to take my own advice and paint over it. yet, the boat became part of this character's story. and that flower is one my dad always used to draw on placemats at restaurants. i always adored how the petals just tipped from the center's edge. 

but it all felt too concrete and i knew i needed to cover it up with something new...






WITH FAITH, MARCH AHEAD. Original (SOLD)
Prints available in my etsy shop.

and so this character grew horns and sprouted more wings so that it could lift up and fly. the flower closed up, keeping the history and story inside, but becoming a new creation of its own. and the entire piece simplified and lightened up. 

the painting became a symbol of learning from the past, letting go and moving ahead, knowing that taking chances and growing can be scary but WITH FAITH, MARCH AHEAD! 

.................


ps. my lovely husband brian and i have been collaborating on a new venture...we're teaming up to design and develop websites, blogs and e-course websites and we'd be delighted to work with you! 

check out our brand new humanITy website here. and feel free to grab a little button from the sidebar for your blog too!

7 comments:

  1. Just the boost I need today Juliette thankyou.♥ I've blogged about the two paintings I'm working on but one of them I've spent a lot of time trying to get it right and because I've spent such a long time, have been too timid to paint over it. I shall now be brave! :) I love your new painting, so free and with its own unique story!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new pieces Juliette! And thanks for sharing, I am always struggling with perfection and this post is inspiring!

    I just signed up for your "how to paint a girl" class and am so excited to be taking my first online class with you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your thought process here. I am sometimes afraid and reluctant to paint over something too. This will be a wonderful reminder to be daring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it so much once again !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest sweet Juliette, this is such an inspiring post!! I love reaing your thoughts and your processes. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing how it turned out! LUV LUV LUV it!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...