5/13/11

remember me

remember me. prints available in my etsy shop.

i created this little owl as a reminder to myself to keep playing and remember what i loved most as a child.


this owl started out with lots of pink. i just had fun playing with layers in the background.


i wanted to have my owl just peeking out from the side...full of wonder as if he was just stepping out of his nest for the first time.


i gave him big eyes to mirror his excitement...


and added lots of origami paper cut outs for his wings and little embellishments around his head.


i really loved the way the pattern worked with the sky, so i added a bit more paper to his belly...

remember me. prints available in my etsy shop.

and matched that paper with the moon in the sky! 

for a final bit of beauty and magic, i added lots of copper glitter to his eyes too! you can never have too much sparkle!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love how you show the steps you took in this. He is so damn cute! I really do love your owls. Love, love, love them.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...