11/19/10

our day at devil's lake


sometimes i just need to take a day and head to devil's lake. it's a short drive from our house and always puts things into perspective.


we packed some peanut butter, apple butter and pita for lunch by the lake.


popped popcorn for snack breaks in the woods.


and got lost climbing these rocks for a while. 


being in the trees just helps me remember what really matters.


the beauty of nature brings me straight back to what makes my heart soar.

**************************

ps. my first podcast! an audio interview with the totally amazing beth nicholls on her do what you love blog! i am completely flattered about this. beth interviews some incredible women and i cannot believe she asked me to be one of them! listen to our podcast and check out her super inspiring blog right here!

pps. in case you haven't noticed, i've added an FAQ page to the navigation beneath my blog header, where you'll find all of the details on my PRINTING + MAILING SUPPLIES! I'm sure there is a ton of other questions I can answer there too, so if you have any, ask away!

ppps. find all of the details for my upcoming HOW TO PAINT AN OWL workshop in the classes section of that same navigation or click right here!

10 comments:

  1. I also have a Devil's Lake that is near and dear to my heart that helps me find my center. So happy that you were able to get out and walk the woods and fill your heart and soul right up.

    PS. I just listened to the podcast on Beth's blog and LOVED it! Thank-you for sharing more of who you are and what you are made of with the world. Can't wait to meet you in person in Feb. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes being in the trees does help to remember what is important! i agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I could do with a lovely walk through those woods myself. I just listened to the podcast too - fabulous! So lovely hearing your voice and your story. Cant wait for February. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much! i had so much fun talking to beth for our podcast! and cannot wait to meet you all at an artful journey in feb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Photos Juliette. What a great interview on Beth Nicolls blog! It is so nice to hear your story. I really can relate to what you are saying. And I love love love your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a wonderful place. And yes, I love being in the trees too, really do remember what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I really enjoyed your podcast as well ... awesome photos of the lake ... it looks a bit cold already!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say hello and ask questions. I would be delighted to hear from you! xo -juliette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...